A new adventure



Moving away from home is tough, especially leaving your friends, family and home comforts behind. I found the whole experience scary to think about, but when it actually came to packing up and leaving the whole thing was one big adventure. As much as I don't doubt I was a bit nervous, now I am settled and getting used to life as a student in Brighton, I couldn't imagine being at University anywhere else. I did of course shed a few tears when my friends gave me these lovely gifts on our last evening together before I moved.


Brighton is one of the UK's biggest student cities, with University of Brighton, University of Sussex, BIMM, and other local colleges and schools. The city is a massive student hub with live events, shops and restaurants, clubs and bars, and a huge amount of culture and diversity, all designed to make student life as enjoyable as possible. Along with these elements, the beach lifestyle and traditional British pier gives the city its own unique quality. 



The Lanes are a great place to shop, eat and meet friends, with endless streets to wander down you can spend all day in and out of each little boutique. One of my favourites is Posh Totty, they sell beautiful handmade and personalised jewellery. Also the interior and window displays are adorable, so I can't walk past without having a quick browse. 



As a student, eating out is definitely a rare luxury. Luckily for me Brighton's Lanes are home to a Gourmet Burger Kitchen (GBK) and they have the best lunch menu deal for only £6.95, plus student discount on main meals. I've only been in Brighton for 6 weeks, but am looking forward to the next 3 years, and discovering many other great places with great food in this wonderful city. 



Living in Brighton, but not completely central is great as I can get to most places in a short walk, especially the city centre and my university campus. I also get to walk through lots of peaceful parks such as Preston Park, which look so autumnal at this time of year, and I love it.



Although the best thing about living in Brighton is that my friends are only an hours train journey away, so they can come and visit me as much as they wish too.



most of these images feature on my Instagram, for more follow: