My Holiday Make-Up Bag: Benefit Cosmetics


So as I'm starting to get myself sorted for my trip to Italy at the end of the week, I've been thinking about all the products that I can take out of my make up bag and leave behind. There is something so satisfying about holiday make up, although its nice to take some for evening meals and days out, giving your skin the chance to breathe and detox from the products that get applied to your skin daily is so worth it. Luckily for me I have a lot of my favourite Benefit Cosmetics products in smaller sizes, from samples to miniatures in gift sets and dupes that come along with some of the full sized products.




First off its skin. I always find travelling makes me quite tired, although I don't think the flight will be too long, I still find the whole experience from getting through the airport until you are actually settled in a different country a little bit exhausting. So I've got Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream to brighten under my eyes and reduce the appearance of dark circles.  I will also be taking my Pore Professional Primer, which will probably be used most days alone for my skin as it reduces my pores particularly on my nose, and softens blemishes, giving my skin a matte smooth finish. For the days and evenings when we will be going out, and I want to make more of an effort with my make up I will use Hello Flawless foundation in the shade "I'm pure 4 sure" Ivory. This shade is a little bit darker than my daily foundation at home because I always seem to get a very brown face and neck when on holiday, and I tend to use this shade particularly over the summer when my skin tone is slightly darker. Also its mega light and you don't need to use much to get a good coverage. 



I've always struggled with my eyebrows, and after using Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil for the last 2 years I was so excited when they released a new brow range, and even better Elle, Glamour and Marie Claire all gave out free samples so I made sure to get all 3 so I could try them out. The Goof Proof Brow Pencil was by far my favourite, the angled pencil allowed me to draw in individual hairs to fill in patchy areas. I will definitely be investing in the full sized product with the spooled end when I get back! I wasn't massively impressed with Gimme Brow as I thought it would make my very fair natural eyebrows a lot more fuller and thicker, although it works well to groom my eyebrows well for a more natural look, so it will be ideal for me on holiday. Ready, Set, Brow was also a winner for me, after completing my brows the light formula doesn't set my brows crispy like many others have. 




For my cheeks I will be taking with me my trusty Hoola Bronzing Power, this is my second sample size and as you can see it has been well used. Although its damaged condition, I love this product. I often use it to contour my face, but as a holiday bronzer this is perfect because it often compliments my tanned face well because of its darker tone. For highlighter I have Benefit's High Beam I find that a liquid highlighter usually works better for me and I can achieve a more natural glow. For a more natural look during the day, Dandelion blush gives me a nice pinky tone for my cheeks to add some colour to my face when I don't have any other heavy make up on.



And finally, as I don't want to go heavy on the eye make up because it always ends up blurring in the creases when my face gets too hot in the sun, I will just stick to a small amount of mascara. Benefit's Roller Lash is an absolute winner, after taking me a little while to take the jump from They're Real Mascara I found that Roller Lash gives my lashes a much more natural curve without applying a thick amount of mascara making them look heavy and clumpy.

Im sure I won't be able to part with my whole make up bag but I will definitely be leaving a lot of it behind, these will be the products that I use the most and they are so conveniently sized so that I can allow more room in my case for bikini's and holiday clothes.

Thanks for reading!
Amelia x